- The new year offers a superb lineup of appealing parks programs and sports leagueson December 6, 2022 at 11:50 pm
The upcoming new year offers a superb lineup of fresh and engaging programs and events for all ages and abilities. Registration is already underway, and we have no residency requirements. Here's a look at the Parks and Recreation lineup through April 30.
- Video: Festive Christmas in the Park events attracted thousands for a weekend to rememberon December 5, 2022 at 10:13 pm
As many as 15,000 people enjoyed the bright lights and holiday spirit-filled festivities of Christmas in the Park event weekend on Friday and Saturday night at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park. The free event featured live music and performances, old-fashioned hayrides, a snow slide and snow pit, cookies, and hot chocolate. And, of course, photos with Santa and his reindeer.
- Mayor Nichols needs your help to end Bryan’s reign in the Salvation Army’s Mayor Ring-Offon December 5, 2022 at 10:10 pm
College Station Mayor John Nichols and Bryan Mayor Bobby Gutierrez will participate in the Salvation Army's annual Mayor Ring-Off on Saturday by collecting donations at local Walmart stores. From noon-1 p.m., Nichols will be at the College Station Walmart. You can also donate online.
- Video: Cheletia Johnson discusses the Lincoln Recreation Center’s senior holiday eventson December 2, 2022 at 5:29 pm
In this episode of “Stuff You Don’t Usually See,” Lincoln Recreation Center Supervisor Cheletia Johnson and Marketing Coordinator Grace Hallowell discuss the Lincoln Recreation Center’s upcoming holiday events for adults 55 years and older.
- 4 captivating ways Howdy Holly-Days at Northgate can lift your holiday spirits on Dec. 10on December 2, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Howdy Holly-Days at Northgate offers appealing holiday treats for every taste with shopping, entertainment, and a one-of-a-kind “dine-around” experience with merchants. We cordially invite you to the third annual seasonal event from 4 p.m.-8 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 10.
- Preventing stormwater pollution helps preserve the quality of our creeks and tributarieson December 1, 2022 at 9:24 pm
As new homes and subdivisions are built in our growing community, ensuring the construction sites are safe for nearby people and our waterways is essential. Preventing stormwater pollution is critical to preserving the quality of our creeks and tributaries.
- December’s holiday events promise a jolly good time for adults 55 and olderon November 22, 2022 at 5:05 pm
The Parks & Recreation Department invites adults 55 and older to free and festive holiday-themed events in December. We'll dance merrily, be jolly in fellowship, and deck the halls with boughs of holly!
- Live Blog: Monday’s city council meeting (Nov. 21)on November 21, 2022 at 9:39 pm
Welcome to our live blog from the College Station City Council's regular meeting on Monday, Nov. 21. The new mayor and three new city council members will be sworn into office at 4 p.m. The meeting is streamed live on Suddenlink Channel 19 and cstx.gov/cstv19.