- Celebrate the monarch’s spring migration on March 25 at the Halter Nature Centeron March 14, 2023 at 8:25 pm
In celebration of the return of the monarch butterflies, the Parks and Recreation Department hosts its annual Monarch March event on Saturday, March 25, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Gary Halter Nature Center. The free, family-friendly, come-and-go event features educational booths, games, and handy tips for creating a home waystation or butterfly garden.
- What’s Up? Video: Brown discusses Monarch March and other nature center eventson March 10, 2023 at 8:58 pm
In this episode of “What’s Up, College Station?” Marketing Coordinator Grace Hallowell and Recreation Supervisor Laurie Brown discuss Monarch March, Seniors Night Out, and other events at the Gary Halter Nature Center this month.
- Live Blog: Thursday’s city council meeting (March 9)on March 9, 2023 at 10:39 pm
Welcome to our live blog from the College Station City Council meeting on Thursday, March 9. The meeting is streamed live on Optimum Channel 19 and cstx.gov/cstv19.
- 5 things to watch at Thursday’s city council meetingon March 8, 2023 at 9:43 pm
The College Station City Council meets Thursday after 6 p.m. at city hall. The meeting is streamed live on Optimum Channel 19 and at cstx.gov/cstv19. Here are five items to watch.
- Beware of scammers demanding utility payments and threatening serviceon March 8, 2023 at 9:39 pm
Scammers targeting businesses are calling College Station Utilities customers demanding immediate payment and threatening to cut off services. CSU never demands immediate action or threatens disconnection without considerable notice.
- What’s Up? Video: Waldon discusses aquatics programs, jobs, and pool rentalson March 3, 2023 at 8:43 pm
In this episode of “What’s Up, College Station?” Marketing Coordinator Grace Hallowell and Aquatics Supervisor Ashley Waldon discuss the city’s aquatics programs, facilities, summer jobs, and how to rent a pool for parties and other events.
- The arrival of warmer, sunnier days means our super cool splash pads are open!on March 1, 2023 at 9:55 pm
Slip on your swimsuits and slather on the sunscreen — the City of College Station’s splash pads in Central and Tarrow Parks are open for the season!
- Gov. Abbott Announces Music Friendly Texas Workshop In College Station on March 7on February 28, 2023 at 10:41 pm
Governor Greg Abbott today announced the Texas Music Office, the City of College Station, and Visit College Station will co-host a Music Friendly Texas Community workshop on Tuesday, March 7.
- All Up In Your Business Podcast: Trends in economic development and retail marketson February 28, 2023 at 7:51 pm
In this episode of the All Up In Your Business podcast, Aaron Farmer of The Retail Coach joins Economic Development's Natalie Ruiz and Brian Piscacek to discuss trends and the challenges presented by continued inflation, supply chain issues, and staffing shortages.
- TxDOT to switch traffic Wednesday night on FM 2818 from Holleman to Wellbornon February 28, 2023 at 7:26 pm
Beginning Wednesday at 7 p.m., TxDOT’s contractor will shift a small part of southbound FM 2818 between Holleman Drive and Wellborn Road. The inside lane will be open to traffic, but the outside lane must exit to Wellborn Road.
- Lick Creek Park’s history revisited during Gary Halter Nature Center dedicationon February 28, 2023 at 4:38 pm
The dedication of the Gary Halter Nature Center in Lick Creek Park on Feb. 22 provided an ideal opportunity to revisit the history of the extraordinary crown gem of the City of College Station's outstanding park system. Dr. John Crompton, a two-term former city councilman and world-renowned parks and recreation scholar, laid out the park's story in his comments.
- City launches engagement site for Wellborn Plan Update before Tuesday’s public meetingon February 27, 2023 at 10:18 pm
The City of College Station is launching a virtual engagement website for the Wellborn District Plan Update and will conduct another area-wide meeting on Tuesday from 6:30-8 p.m. at Wellborn Middle School. We encourage you to take advantage of the interactive site and hope you join us for Tuesday’s meeting.
- Spring Loop lane closures will be in place at University for two weeks starting Mondayon February 24, 2023 at 10:06 pm
North or southbound lanes of Spring Loop at University Drive will be closed at various times for the next two weeks because of road work. The southbound lanes will be closed for a week starting Monday. The closure shifts to the northbound lanes beginning Monday, March 6.
- Tarrow lanes reduced from University to Lincoln on Tuesday-Wednesdayon February 24, 2023 at 9:56 pm
Tarrow Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction between University and Lincoln, and its intersections with Pearce and Banks streets will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday while crews repair a water line.
- What’s Up? Video: Johnson discusses the Women’s Empowerment Luncheonon February 24, 2023 at 4:18 pm
In this episode of “What’s Up, College Station?”, Marketing Coordinator Grace Hallowell and Lincoln Recreation Center Supervisor Cheletia Johnson discuss the upcoming Women’s Empowerment Luncheon on Thursday, March 9, at the Lincoln Recreation Center.